Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making Progress

Mark and I spent last weekend taking down a house full of wallpaper. We rented a commercial steamer to remove it and it worked pretty good. We got all of the wallpaper down in 2 days and I started scrubbing the glue left behind on the walls. I think I drew the short straw on that one! It took me most of Sunday to just get the dining room cleaned off. So now that leaves me with the kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a bedroom and the hallway.......oh joy! I took the white liner off the kitchen cabinets and was amazed at the difference it made in the kitchen.
Kitchen picture shows all the wallpaper down and the white liner off the cabinets.

Dining room picture shows the wallpaper down and the glue stuck to the wall from the paneling we ripped out!

To compare pics.....scroll down my blog to see pics of the kitchen before.

This Sunday we are going to the Detroit Red Wings game so we will only have Saturday to work in there! I got Mark tickets to the game for a Christmas/Birthday Gift before we had got the house. Had I known we'd have the house by now, I probably would've skipped it as we decided not to exchange gifts this yr. But it will be fun to go!
These pics are of Bedroom #2. We discovered another layer of plaid wallpaper under the top layer of wallpaper!
Hayden is 20 months old now. Her vocabulary just keeps expanding on a daily basis. I know most of her words, but she is saying more and more that it is hard to figure out some of those words. Here are a few of her favorites:
Cassie: Assie
Tigger: Gootah - (this is also what yogurt sounds like in Hayden language)
Hungry: Hunney
Grandma: Manya
Grammie: Ommie
Grandpa: Bompa
Chips: Dis

There are a lot of words she says very well too, like, Baby Doll, Blankies, Apple Juice, cereal, Pizza Hut, Milk, Chicken Nuggets and French Fries, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Dora, Sit Down, snowing outside, hat & mittens, bubble bath, books, etc...... I am still amazed that she can count to 10 by herself. And she knows colors now too. She is such a sponge....she learns things so quickly! It really is Amazing!

After all this time she has been home with me, she still says all her Friends names from Daycare and she gets really excited if I drive down the street that the daycare is on because she thinks we are going there. I just hope she is that excited when she is actually left there in a couple months! More importantly, I hope we can get her back in there in March and that they have not filled her spot!

Hayden's favorite TV Show is America'a Funniest Videos......she will say, "Funny Videos" all day long! And if you tell her it is not on right now, she says, "Bye Bye Funny Videos". Actually she does that with everything....she will say "Bye Bye" to the grilled cheese she just ate for lunch! Ha! Hayden still loves to watch Blues Clues and now Dora the Explorer too.

Grandma, thank you for the high tech Moshi Clock you gave Mark and I for Christmas! When Moshi tells us the time or temperauture, Hayden says "Hi Moshi" another 100 times! (This kid is persisitent!) The clock never responds to her little voice, so then we have to do it again until we can find a new distraction for Hayden! HA!!

I have to take a minute to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to my Mother in Law, who has been on Hayden-sitting duties for us. She always babysits for us when we need to do things and it is a big help to us! She watched Hayden all weekend so I could help Mark work in the house. And she will be watching Hayden for us when we go to the Red Wings game too. So Thank you so much for all of your babysitting and everything else you do for us! :)

I am so excited to have one of my Favorite Shows returning tonight! American Idol starts at 8pm! I will be firmly planted on my couch for that! LOL
Have a great day!!

8 comments:

  1. 2 layers of wallpaper?! What is the matter with people? I hate wall paper anyway but come on! I bet that is such a pain to deal with! Cant wait to see the after pics! You're so lucky your hubby is handy! Mine can barely run the vaccuum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it should be illegal to sell your house with wallpaper in it! LOL Then to top it off, we find holes galore under all the wallpaper, so lots of patching and sanding to do! And yes, I am very lucky Mark is so handy! I can't think of anything he can't do! If he doesn't know how to do it, he learns it very quick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manya says you are very welcome....she LOVES spending time with Miss Cutie!
    You forgot one of my favorite things she says
    "Daddy, where are you? Mama, where are you?"
    So cute!
    (oh, and I agree on the wallpaper thing...UGH!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. and... she can say ... Auntie!!! well too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a smart little girl! Now we have to teach her some essential words: Home Depot, table saw, router table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny Jennifer....I know that is you! :)

    And yes, she can say Auntie very well! :)

    How could I forget, "Momma, Where are you?" I only hear that 100 times a day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee Amy, how could you tell?? :)

    - Jennifer -

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mark Should go into the remodleing business after this! I bet it will look awesome!

    ReplyDelete