On Tuesday evening, we made our Chicken Veggie Rice Bake for dinner and tried to get Hayden to eat it, which she refused, of course. So we decided to try another food battle to see if it would work. Long story short, she went to bed that night with nothing to eat. In the morning, I did give her some toast because I had to go shopping and didn't want her having hissy fots in the store. But when it was time for lunch, I tried to re-heat the dinner, which she refused. Anytime she asked for a snack, I offered her the chicken dinner. She wanted NO PART OF IT! Finally at dinner time she was saying she was "Hunney" and kept asking for food. We tried and tried to get her to eat the chicken and was unsuccessful. (The frustrating part is she loves chicken nuggets, but if it doesn't quite look like a nugget, she refuses it! Especially if she sees something with it, like the rice!) So after alot of screaming and crying, we gave in and gave her a piece of pizza. We couldn't stand knowing all she had eaten was toast in a 24 hr period, we knew she was hungry, and we were feeling guilty! So, Hayden wins again! UGH!
On another note, Grandma Peggy and I took Hayden to the Children's Museum on Monday. For those who live in the area, I would recommend taking a Toddler there! Hayden had so much fun running around there and playing with everything. She especially loved the huge water table. One little boy was completely soaked from Head to Toe. His Mom said she always brings extra clothes for him because he loves getting wet. The also have waterproof aprons you can wear. 



She loved the big kitchen play area too. Yummy, Pizza! One of her main food groups! :)
There were also big cars for her to sit on and play with. Hayden took Grandma for a ride.
And little cars to play with too.
Of course, she liked climbing into where the little cars come down the hill.

It was a fun time for Hayden. It was very hard getting pictures of her as she was running all over the place! She wore Grandma and I out! I will have to take her there again. It is a great way for her to burn some energy since she is always confined to a small area in our house!
Well, it is time for me to do something productive while Miss Hayden is napping! Have a good Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment