Hayden sitting in a snow bank

This is the snow bank!

I can't wait to have a garage I can actually park in so I don't have to brush this stuff off my car anymore!!!!

Hayden and I got to babysit my neighbor's 1 month old Daughter this morning. Hayden thought she was pretty neat......and NO, my dear family members, that does NOT mean it is a sign that Hayden has a new sibling soon!!! ;)
Hayden Slam - Tuesday, after Hayden woke from her nap, I was hoping to take her out to play in the snow. She went running out of her bedroom, with no pants or socks on, and I told her she needed to come back in and get dressed. I grabbed her hand to walk her back to the bedroom when she decided to do the "limp noodle" and throw herself back, SLAMMING her head right into the corner of the wall. And I am talking HARD! I have never heard my Daughter cry so hard and it made me sick to my stomach. I scooped her up and sat and rocked her and she cried, "Momma, Daddy". There is nothing worse than hearing your child cry out in pain. OMG! To top it off, I felt her head and she had an instant, HUGE, knot on her head. Then I start to panic a bit. THEN, I move her hair to look at the knot and I see a cut with blood! Total panic sets in now! Thankfully the Dr's office was still open so I called and chatted with the nurse. (I was actually nervous to call and tell them what happened for fear they would say it was child abuse......how sad is that?) The nurse told me what to watch for and to give her some tylenol and try to ice it. Well, Hayden wanted no part of the icing it.....she wanted to chew on the bag of ice instead. I think it made her teeth feel better as she is getting some molars now. Anyhoo, she was fine after 5 minutes of crying.....but boy was I shook up! The house is still a work in progress. Had another minor set back which is making it take a little longer. Mark re-did a bunch of the plumbing last weekend. It took him all weekend to get it done so that delayed him starting the re-insulation process. He changed the plumbing in the lower bathroom so that we can have a higher ceiling. They had a drop ceiling in there before, so now we can have a normal height ceiling thanks to his handy plumbing job. I got to work most of Saturday scrubbing glue off the walls. It is amazing how thick some of that stuff is in areas! It is no wonder it is taking me so long to get it cleaned off.
Front Entry "Before" Glue Removal

Front Entry "During" Glue Removal!
(No, I really wasn't that happy to be scrubbing).

Front Entry "After" Glue was Removed!

Hope everyone has a good rest of the week!
Love her rosy cheeks, they are almost as pink as her jacket!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sad that you would be concerned about calling the Dr office! Glad she is OK.
3 kids later, I always feel bad about calling when they have a bump or bruise. I am sure Hayden was bouncing around in no time! You can get some more babytime in when we visit this summer. I think that our family, in its current state of chaos, is the perfect form of birth control! If you had any plans on another so soon, you might just rethink it after seeing our craziness!
ReplyDelete