One of my projects this weekend was to try and get some of the shelf liner out of the cabinets and drawers. Well, that has been my new nightmare! This stuff has been in there for 20+ yrs or so. It doesn't just peel off. I have to use a scraper to try to get under it and it is so sticky and brittle it just breaks in tiny pieces. I can't even get some of it out. I tried to convince Mark to just paint over them or cover them with new paper, but he wasn't having any part of that idea! He will be spray painting the cabinets, inside and out, and you really can't paint over that stuff. So we'll have to figure something out!
My scraper!
I gave up on this stinkin drawer! UGH!Hayden and I have been spending a lot of time together lately, as Daddy is so busy working on the house. We are getting some cabin fever too. If it were just a bit warmer, we could go for some good walks or something. I try to get out of the house and go shopping, or walk the mall, but then I end up spending money! Ha! Actually, I took Hayden to the Children's Museum again last week and she really enjoys that. I'll probably try to do that again next week.
Our self portrait
I go back to work in less than 3 weeks and Hayden is starting back to daycare in 2 weeks. I think she will be happy to get back to all her friends. All winter long, she has been saying their names. And when we drive by the daycare, she starts saying their names. I think it is funny she knows where her daycare is. I hope she adjusts well. She will be in a new room when she goes back, and I am hoping some of her friends will be in there too. But she will know some of the caregivers, so that is good. As much as I am going to miss her, I am looking forward to having some free time again. I feel so unorganized because it is hard to get things done with her hanging on my side! Hopefully I can use that week to get somewhat organized for our move....whenever that may be! :)Hayden still loves her books! It is so fun to watch her read them aloud! We have quite the collection here and I admit I am getting a little sick of them! But I love that she loves her books! I do not like to read much, so hopefully she will enjoy reading! I also rented Cinderella last week and we have watched it about 6 times already! She really likes that movie and I have a feeling she will be disappointed when I take it back. I also rented The Little Mermaid, but she wasn't too interested in that one yet. Her new favorite tv show is American Idol! When it comes on she says, "American Idol, Wohooo"! Hmmm, wonder who taught her that?
Hayden has come down with a cold/flu or something? She was pretty mellow the last couple days and now she has a slight fever, cough & sneezing. Poor baby!! She fell asleep on me at 6:30pm tonight, so I put her in bed. I really hope she sleeps all night! If she isn't much better, I will call her Dr. tomorrow.
Hayden has come down with a cold/flu or something? She was pretty mellow the last couple days and now she has a slight fever, cough & sneezing. Poor baby!! She fell asleep on me at 6:30pm tonight, so I put her in bed. I really hope she sleeps all night! If she isn't much better, I will call her Dr. tomorrow.Time to get ready for Idol! Too bad Pumpkin doesn't get to watch it with me!

No comments:
Post a Comment