Monday, November 9, 2009

A Tiny Silver Lining?

I think I figured out why we weren't able to buy a house the last month. If we had actually bought one of those 3 houses in October that we had tried for, we probably would not have got that $8,000 tax credit for 1st time home buyers. As you all have probably heard, Congress just approved an extension on the tax credit to go through June 30th. So maybe this was the reason we couldn't get a house lately? Maybe God wanted to MAKE SURE that the bill would be passed before having us sign a purchase agreement? Everyone said there was a "reason" things were not going well for us, so maybe this was it. Now that it is officially extended, we can get serious about looking again. This was my thought and I am sticking to it! So bring on the homes for sale!! ;)
Hayden has been so silly lately! You saw on my video on a previous entry her crazy car crash game. She still loves to do that. What a little ham bone! And now in the last few days, she has discovered the word, "No". Oh lucky for me, just in time to be laid off of work! Just in time for me to battle it out with her getting her to eat something besides pancakes, grilled cheese and pizza! This should be tons of fun! Ugh!
The other night Hayden wore herself right out and crashed on Daddy's lap. She flopped on him and he started rubbing her hair. In about 2 minutes he could hear her breathing deeper and asked me if she was sleeping. Sure enough!
Yesterday was a nice day and I took Hayden outside for a little walk. Our neighbor and her 3 yr old Daughter came out to chat with us. Hayden had fun with Brenna. They played in the leaves and chased each other. Brenna loves to hug and kiss Hayden too. Hayden wasn't quite sure what to think of that after the 10th time! Ha! But since they live right behind me, it might be fun doing some play dates together. My neighbor is 8 mos pregnant too, so I am sure she would love for me to help her out as much as possible. ;)
Well, this is my last week of work and Hayden's last week of Daycare. So I better get busy and take advantage of my free time while I still have some!

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you are right about the houses!!
    And as for Sleeping Beauty....AWWWW! Love the expression on Daddy's face....pure love!
    You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete