Thursday, November 19, 2009

Making Progress

I have been trying to battle it out with Hayden and her wonderful eating habits since I have been home. Tonight we made a small step forward! I made a Kid Cuisine popcorn chicken and french fries dinner and gave it to Hayden. Of course she wanted nothing to do with it at first. So I took her out of her high chair and sat her on my lap. After a few minutes of touching it, she finally started eating some french fries. And after a few more minutes she actually took a few bites of the chicken. I was trying not to do a dance in my seat as I didn't want her to choke on her new tasty dinner! We made a Chicken Penne Pasta dinner for us and sat down to eat it. So I put Hayden back in her high chair, which she wanted nothing to do with. Daddy picked her up and sat her on his lap and she actually tried the pasta!! Again, I was really trying to contain myself, but I wanted to jump up and grab her and kiss her and hug her and squeeze her and tell her how proud I was of her. But I decided to NOT make a big deal of it and just enjoy the show!

I really think we need a better table and chair set so she can actually sit with us at the dinner table. She is much more curious about food when she is at our level. For those who haven't seen our table, it is a pub style table with 2 bar stools.
Yep, we bought it when we had no intentions of having children and it was also a great space saver in our small apt. I love my table, but I think it is time for it to go. Either that or Daddy gets to hold Hayden on his lap for every meal, since that is the only thing that seems to be helping her break this food battle!! The only problem with the new table is we don't have any room in our place for a different table! UGH! (Lord, Please help us find a home!!)
Hayden loves using the laundry basket as a car. Looks like she was drinking and driving in that top picture (see the drink between her legs?) Such a silly goose!!!

Hayden has really developed a personality these days. She is a little jabber jaws! And she has started repeating a lot of your words.....hear that Daddy?? ;) It is fun deciphering these words and phrases! She really is a joy to be around - most days! LOL

Time for me to do something before she wakes from her nap! Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment