Sunday, August 2, 2009

Another day care, another incident!

Hayden started a new daycare this past week. We enrolled her in the Growing Years Christian Child Care Center. I am very impressed at what this day care has to offer Hayden, especially as she gets older. Of course, we have to go through the transition phase, and let me tell you, that was NOT fun! The first day, she had an absolute fit when I lefther there. I never seen her act that way. Her poor little face was beet red! But when I picked her up they said she was pretty happy the rest of the day. She refused all the meals they gave her but she did manage to eat some graham crackers. Day 2 was about the same. She had a fit when I left her there. My Mother in Law picked her up as I worked until 7pm that day. When I got home, I discovered Hayden has a chipped front tooth. You can just imagine how pissed we were to see that. No one reported anything to my Mother in Law, and she didn't even see it. So neither one of us slept that night because we were so upset about this! So when I dropped her off Wednesday morning, I asked all the girls and of course, no one saw anything. They said Hayden never cried or fell onto anything. They all felt terrible......not as bad as I did! This is one of the reasons I was not happy at the other daycare. These types of "incidents" would happen and no one ever had a good explanantion for them. GRRRRR!!!!!

Well, on Thursday morning, the owner of Growing Years called me at work to apologize for what happened to Hayden. She spoke with all the girls that cared for her that day and no one saw anything and said that if they had, they are trained to bring the child to the office and fill out an incident report. She said to sort of "make it right", she'd like to give us our 1st weeks tuition for free. She felt bad that this happened and didn't want to get off to a bad start. At the very least, I am happy she followed up with the situation. Especially since I haven't even met this woman yet. The other daycare would NOT have done that.

Gosh, it is stressful being a parent!
Here are a couple pictures my Mom took the last time she was up here! There were taken before the chipped tooth incident!
Hayden is still not eating anything! I am hoping now that she is at this new daycare, she will start eating with the other kids. They serve breakfast, lunch and snacks there. So far, she has refused every lunch. Can't wait until they serve grilled cheese, at east she will eat something!
We gave her a spoon the other night to see if she would eat her applesauce, and she really loved that! She made an absolute mess, but she was too darn cute! (The girls at Growing Years put her hair in pig tails!)
I know that things are going to happen, but our poor pumpkin will now have a chipped tooth until she loses it! We are just hoping it doesn't turn black and die and fall out! I will be keeping a very close eye on it!

Hayden is so much fun! She is learning all kinds of new words now! She can say "Hi", "Bye", "Quack Quack Quack", "Woof", "Moo", "Please" and "Thank you". Of course, some of those words aren't the clearest of words! ;) Lets just hope she doesn't pick up on any of Daddy's 4-letter words! Ha!! Just kidding Honey!!! ;)

We gave Hayden a bath tonight and I just had to take a picture of how long her hair is when it is wet! Isn't this crazy??? For a 14 month old???? We can put her hair in pig tails and pony tails! How many 1 yr olds can do that?? Ha!! Check this out!
What a silly goose!
Sorry these posts have been so long! When I get laid off again, I will be able to blog more frequently and they won't be so long! Just trying to catch you all up on Miss Hayden's Happy Days!! Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Even with the chipped tooth she is still the cutest! LOVE her hair in pigtails.

    ReplyDelete