This is the view looking straight down our driveway onto Columbine Rd.
The snow was soooo pretty on all the trees! I just love winter pictures!
This is the view looking towards our neighbors house to the left of us.
Whoa! Close up!!
Our snow princess!

Next up was decorating our Christmas tree! Hayden was soooo excited to help this yr. I decided to just let her have at it as I sat back and watched her excitement of decorating.

"I am finished Mom!"

Of course I planned it just right for Hayden to take a nap when she was done decorating so I could "tidy it up" a bit! :)
The first week of December, Hayden and I took a long trip up north to visit the newest addition to the family and visit some old friends! My cousin, Rachel, FINALLY had her sweet baby girl, Ella Noelle Ferrell, on November 29th! Hayden and I were so excited to go up and meet her. She was sooo tiny! Born at 6lbs, 8ozs, she felt like a feather compared to Hayden! Unfortunately, I only managed to take a picture of her in her car seat after a little shopping trip into town. Most of you have seen more pictures or actually have met her by now.
After a couple days of visiting, Hayden and I went to Petoskey to stay the night at my friend, Kristie's house for some Christmas crafting and baking. (Yes, I said baking!) Hayden had soooo much fun playing with Sofie, who is 4 yrs old and all of her toys. (Hayden's own words...."Sofie has a million toys!") HA!! It was so nice for her to have a friend to play with since she is not in school right now. She has been missing her friends at school lately, so this was fun for her. There was only 1 little incident with Hayden while we were at Kristie's house! (I say little with a big chuckle.....and I am sure Kristie is laughing while reading this too.) Kristie and her Husband just bought a beautiful home in Petoskey. It has beautiful landscaping, including a little pond back behind the house. Sofie and Hayden wanted to go play outside....mind you it was about 28 degrees and snowing! Well, long story short, I went outside to check on them in my slippers and no jacket.....I came into the house to get my jacket and gloves and Kristie asks me, "Hey, Hayden wouldn't go in the pond would she? Sofie knows not to go in it, but would Hayden go in it?" I said, "No, Hayden hates water....I am sure she wouldn't." Kristie decided to yell out to Sofie out the window to make sure they stay away from the pond, and as she opens the window, I hear my little sweet Hayden screaming bloddy murder. I take off running and sure enough, Hayden fell into the pond!! She is standing there screaming, soaked from head to toe in the frigid cold! I scooped her up, ran inside, stripped off all her clothes, wrapped her in towels and blankets and held my little pumpkin. Sofie was such a good girl. She was so scared when Hayden fell into the pond she took off running to get help. Thankfully one of our other friends had just gone out to her car to get stuff when she heard Sofie. And the pond wasn't very deep as Hayden was able to get out of it herself. Sofie was with us trying to warm up Hayden and made sure she was ok! So that was quite a start to our visit with friends!! Ha! (Yes, we can all laugh about it now!) But we all had a great time! We made some homemade christmas cards and some yummy treats. Hopefully we can do it again sometime! :)
After 2 fun-filled days at Kristie's we headed back to Gaylord for one more night and then headed home for the weekend!!
So excited to see Daddy after a whole week gone!! :)
That pond incident is famous! So scarey at the time but now it's rather funny. I am really glad it is not deep and she was ok after warming up. Poor kid, her skin was so red from the cold.
ReplyDeleteAmen! I thank God she wasn't hurt or anything! It just scared her and all of us!
ReplyDelete