Sunday, January 8, 2012

Daddy-Daughter Project

On Saturday, we took a family trip to Home Depot to get a couple things. When we walked in we saw a lot of kids sitting at work tables working on projects with their parents. I never knew of this but Home Depot does a free Kids Workshop the first Saturday of every month for kids 5-12 yrs old. (Not sure why Mark never told me this since he practically lives at Home Depot on the weekends!) ;) Anyhow, this past Saturday was a "Make a Savings Shed" day. The lady working there asked Hayden if she wanted to do it, but Hayden was being pretty shy. So the nice lady gave us the shed to bring home to build, along with a free Home Depot apron, pin and a completion certificate. She said we could do it at home if we wanted. I thought that was nice of her. So as soon as we got home, Hayden was chomping at the bit to go downstairs with Daddy and work on the project together.

Daddy got the shed nailed together so Hayden could start painting it.

Hayden wanted it to be purple, of course.
Working together!

Don't mind the mismatched outfit....had to wear old clothes for painting. :)

She loves spending time with Daddy!

The finished project. (It is a coin bank)

Forgot to put the stickers on it after it was dry. Came with a door and a window sticker.

Here is a link to the Home Depot Kids Workshop is anyone wants to read about it! The next one in February is a Keepsake Box.


On Friday, the temperature got up to 51 degrees so Hayden and I went outside 3 times that day! There isn't a whole lot to do outside since we packed up all the summer toys. I really wish it would snow so we could enjoy playing outside a bit more. Plus, Grandma bought Hayden a really cute snowman making kit that we are itching to try out. So I'm sure I am the only one still wishing for snow right now!

Notice the ponds out behind out property, they have been there all fall!

I am tired of looking at it so PLEASE SNOW!!! :)


Have a great week!! :)

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Good job Hayden (and Daddy)! Maybe next time she will be brave enough to do the project at Home Depot. I bet she loves that apron, too!! (I think Rob has taken Jack and maybe even Luke to HD to do those projects)

    ReplyDelete