Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Beginning to Look alot Like...

TILE!!!!
I thought it would be fun to give everyone a sneak peek into what is going on at our house this week!! Our tile has arrived and is being installed in our bathrooms this week. YAY!!! This will give you an idea of what it is going to look like all pieced together! The carpet sample, the mosaic tile for the shower floor and the big tiles on the floor, shower and tub surround.
This picture of the lower bath was taken this morning before tile:
Lower bath tiled floor!
Main bath before:
Main bath floor after:
Main bath tub surround:
So here is the scoop, I reconnected with an old friend from High School (Brian Ramsey) on Facebook. He owns his own tile business and has been tiling for the last 17 yrs. I half heartedly said to him one day, how it was too bad he didn't live closer to Saginaw as we are trying to find someone to install our tile for us, as a side job (to save us money). He was more than willing to drive up here (from Howell) and he is saving us a lot of money. So Brian and one of his employees arrived this morning to get started on our bathrooms. He got all of the tile layed, except for the lower bathroom shower. Tomorrow (Friday) they will be back to grout everything and lay the tile in the shower. However, he won't be able to come back for another week to finish the grout in the shower. But that is fine since we won't be moving in next week anyways. So this is just a sneak peek of what is to come. It is almost finished and I am soooo excited!! We are having the carpet installed Monday, the 22nd & Wed. the 24th. And God willing, we hope to be moving Thanksgiving weekend!! (Say a few prayers for us!!) I guess this means we better start thinking about giving a 2 week notice that we will be leaving!! :)

2 comments:

  1. If you need any help moving just let me know. Not much going on at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristie! I will let you know. Wish we had movers like you did!!! :)

    ReplyDelete