Monday, August 23, 2010

Ready for Fall

Yep, I said it! I can't wait for fall to get here. The first reason is our Shop hours start to go back a little. Instead of being open from 7am-7pm, we will be open from 8am-6pm the month of September. And in October, we go 9-5! THEN, our shop closes for the season on Halloween and I get to file for my ole unemplyoment starting November 15th! I am also very eager for the heat and humidity to go away! I am so looking forward to 60's & low 70's temps! So yes, I can't wait for fall. ;)

My other reason for looking forward to fall is that we will be moving into our new house finally! Mark has been working his butt off on the house every chance he gets. It is really looking good and I can't wait for all of you to come see it in person! I just wish you could've seen it before our renovations. Just to update everyone, we basically have the house painted. Mark just put a 2nd coat of paint on the bathroom walls this weekend. He has installed the laminate flooring in the kitchen, dining and entry way. He has light fixtures installed too. I have found someone to tile our bathrooms for us, we just need to get the tile in and get it scheduled. Once we know when he can come tile, we can call to get the carpet install scheduled. Once the tile is done, Mark can complete the bathrooms and get the vanities & toilets installed. So we are getting VERY close!

Hayden is doing great. I am just amazed by her every single day. She is really starting to mimic things we do and say......yep, have to be careful with that one! ;) This weekend she kept saying one of my phrases, and thankfully, it does not involve swear words! She kept saying, "Geez Louise". It was cracking me up. An example of this was She saw Tigger walk by her toys and said, "No, Tigger! Geez Louise". Ha!!
I have been soooo tired lately. I've been opening the shop most days, which means I have to get up at 5am, so Mark can get in the shower by 5:30am. Then I get Hayden up around 6:15am to get her ready for school. We all leave the house by 6:30am. I've been working alot of hours this summer. We actually had to start keeping a time sheet for all salaried employees. I've been working 50-60 hours almost every week. By the end of the week, I can't keep my eyes open anymore. And to top it off, Hayden has had some sleeping issues lately. She will wake up around 3-4am and will not go back to sleep. That is pretty rough when I already had to be up by 5am. She will just cry and scream until you go in her room. Once you go in there, she is quiet and lays down and even closes her eyes. But the second you take 1 step to leave, she jumps right up and screams. It is very frustrating. She did it again this morning at 3:45am. I finally put her in bed with me at 5:30am, after Mark got up and she finally fell asleep. But I don't want her getting into that habit either. I've asked the daycare to limit her naps and we do not give her juice after 3pm. I also try to avoid sugar in the evenings. So who knows what the deal is??
Self portrait
Hayden's hair is sooooo long!
Good thing we are getting it cut this afternoon. Poor thing can't see anymore. I had her bangs pulled back all weekend and she liked that. So I will post her picture later with her new look! :)
Here is a silly Hayden video to enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Haydenstein walking in those big ole shoes! So cute.

    ReplyDelete