Monday, July 26, 2010

My Awesome Husband!

Mark had a 3 day weekend last week and was able to spend all 3 days working his butt off in our house! On Friday, he called me at work and asked me to not come over to the house until further notice. He said he was working on something and didn't want me to see it until it was finished. I had a hunch about what he was working on, but didn't say anything. Mark worked until midnight on Saturday, spending a total of 15 hours that day working on this "little project". On Sunday, I called him before leaving work to see if it was ok for me to stop by before going home. He said he didn't have it completely finished but that I was allowed to come and see what he had been working on all weekend. If you haven't already guessed, he installed our wood laminate floor in the kitchen and dining room. It is AMAZING! And it makes us even more excited to get this house done. We are starting to see our "vision" come together and it is awesome!! I was not going to show any more "after" pictures until the house was completed, but I am just so excited and so proud of Mark's work, I just had to show it off. :)

Just to refresh your memory of what the kitchen and dining room looked like when we bought the house.....can we say UGLY (excluding Hayden, of course)?????

After

Another "Before" view

After

Another view (sorry about the junk on the counters, but you get the idea)!
Have I mentioned lately how super duper awesome my Husband is??? No one can even begin to appreciate the hard work he has put into this house. This house has really transformed into a beautiful home and I can't wait until we can move in! It will practically be a brand new house when we finally get in there! And of course we plan on inviting everyone over to see it in person once we are moved in! I just wish everyone could have seen it before we did the renovations, then you could really appreciate how ugly it was!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Amy! That's awesome! It's coming together very nicely. That's great your husband is so handy. I might have to borrow him when we get to the point of having to re-do some things. Hahaha...
    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Amy. You are so blessed to have such a talented husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It looks great! Good job, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! As you can see, I am so excited about this! It looks really good and I am very proud of my Hubby! He has been working so hard on this house!!

    ReplyDelete