As we get closer to Hayden's 2nd Birthday, I can't help but think how lucky we are to have her in our lives. Seriously, what did we do without her?? Our lives must have been pretty boring before! Ha! She can put the biggest smile on my face, even when I am very sick and want to crawl back in bed. She is such a happy little girl! When I dropped her off to daycare this morning, there was a little boy who was crying. Actually, he has been crying all week. I asked one of the caregivers if this was his first week and she said it was his 2nd full week there. They said he cries whenever a "Mommy" walks into the room, whenever someone says "bottle" or "good-bye". Actually he pretty much cries all the time and clings to the caregivers. I feel so bad for him, but it makes me think how lucky I am with Hayden. When she first started that daycare last summer, she cried when I dropped her off, but was fine by the time I got in my car. And she was happy the rest of the day. She didn't cry after that first week. This week, she started back to daycare after being home with me for 4 months. I was a little worried since she was older that she might have a hard time adjusting. The first day I stayed there for about 45 minutes before I left. She was a little hesitant at first, but soon was exploring and playing with the other kids. She did cry when I left for about 2 minutes and they said she was fine after that. She is in the room with all her old friends from last yr, so I think that really helped. She would say all the kids names over the winter, so I know she remembered them. Hayden has been great this whole week. In fact, Tuesday and Wednesday, she didn't want to leave! It is such a relief to us knowing that she likes the daycare and is happy there. Even though it is VERY expensive ($183 a week - YIKES!) I know it is the best place for her! You definately get what you pay for when it comes to your daycare. :)
I am also thankful that we have such a good natured child. She goes to bed without a fight. She never got attached to a pacifier or her thumb. (We are lucky to not have to battle those two things as I have heard other parents stories of how tough it is to get them to break those habits.) She loves to go shopping and greets all the other shoppers with a wave and a Hi. She gives the best hugs! In fact, when I picked her up from daycare on Monday, she came running up to me and I picked her up, she layed her head on my shoulder and patted my back! It was so stinkin cute! I can't tell you how much I love this little girl!! ;)
After 4 days at daycare, it seems Hayden is getting another cold! Poor kid! I just hope it stays a cold and doesn't turn into anything else. She had pink eye last week and she was finally feeling better this week. But I knew it was coming because every kid in that class has a snotty nose!
Hayden with pink eye and a scratched nose from kissing the pavement last week!
I still have my cold too, or whatever it is. I hope I feel better by next week! I start back to work on Tuesday! It will be nice getting that paycheck again! We can definately use it to fix up our house!
Awww, even with puffy eyes and a skinned nose she is still adorable! You and Mark ARE so blessed to have her...and she to have you as her parents.
ReplyDelete