Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe Christmas has already been here and gone! This year went by so fast! Hayden is 19 months old and I have no idea how that happened! Everyone told me to enjoy the baby years as it goes by so fast! I understand it now!

Hayden had a wonderful Christmas. My Mom came on Christmas Eve and spent the night with us. We went to Pizza Hut for dinner....one of Hayden's favorite foods....and came home for some rice krispy treats and Christmas movies! Hayden's favorite movie right now is How the Grinch Stole Christmas.....the one with Jim Carrey. I thought the first time she watched it she would be terrified of the Grinch, but she actually loved every minute of it! We also watched A Christmas Story, another classic movie!On Christmas morning, she came downstairs to see a Dora the Explorer chair that Santa had brought for her. She was soooo excited and ended up sitting it all day long! Actually, she sits there all the time now. The chair was a big hit! It even folds out to a bed. She had so much fun unwrapping her toys. Grammie spoiled her rotten and loved every minute of it! Hayden loves her Elmo toys and the baby stroller she got too.
Hayden would not keep her Santa hat on for too long, so tried to snap the pictures quick! ;)
Normally on Christmas day, we drive up to Gaylord to my Grandma's for dinner and more gifts. But the weather was a bit iffy here, with rain, freezing rain and snow up north. Since we would've had to drive home that night, we decided not to risk it. No need to take a chance on icy roads, especially when we went up on Sunday for the big Tuck Family Christmas! So my Mom ended up staying most of Christmas day and we all really enjoyed our time together!
On Sunday, we drove to Gaylord and had a great time with the whole family, though a few family members were missing. Still trying to find a time to see my Dad and Linda for Christmas! It was fun seeing my Cousin Ryan, who I hadn't seen in about 6 yrs! Wow time flies!
Wednesday is our BIG day! We officially close on our house at 4PM! I can't believe we are going to be homeowners! After almost 2 yrs of looking, about 8 offers that we made, alot of hard lessons learned, some questioning of God's reasoning, emotional ups and downs, we are going to have a home to call our own! And just in time! Our 880 sq. ft. apt suddenly got smaller this Christmas! I can't wait to have 1886 sq ft of living space, plus a basement! Oh and a 2 car garage, of course! We sooooo need that space! I am just praying nothing comes up in the next 24 hours to delay or prevent us from signing on the dotted line! If you know everything we have been through, you know why I say that! ;) Oh and the BEST part of all of this, we will qualify for that 1st time homebuyers tax credit! Yahoooo!!! Merry Christmas to us!
Finally, we have our Dreffs' Family Christmas this Friday and we are looking forward to it! I am sure Hayden will get more toys that will fill up our house, but it is ok, it won't be long and we will have space for it all!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and please have a safe and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Sofie got a stroller too. We also bought her a baby highchair. Big hit! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo's of Hayden...what a doll! Congrats on the home!

    ReplyDelete