Friday, December 18, 2009

Santa is coming....

In more ways than one....

Mark and I are buying a house in Saginaw and we have a closing date set for December 30th. I am still a little hesitant, as we are still waiting for the appraisal report to come in and making sure the bank has all the needed documents. But I am pretty sure this will all work out. The house needs a bit of work before we will be moving into it. It needs some serious updating, like wall paper torn down, painting, 2 bathrooms re-done......and did I mention LOTS of painting? The house is more than twice the size of our small townhouse and I can't wait to get in there and have plenty of room to play in, especially with Hayden. She is so confined in our little apt! Here is a sneak peek!
The house is an 1868 sq. ft. quad level home, with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It has a fenced in backyard too! And the best part of all of this is we will not have to work as the Resident Managers of our Apt. complex anymore! YAHOOOO!!!! We will continue doing it until we get the house ready to move in, but after that.....SEE YA!!! I am so sick of this place and all the headaches we have here! It will be nice not having to be tied down to this place too. Maybe a family vacation will be in our future.....wow, what a concept! Ok, so we'll probably not have money left for a vacation anytime soon, but at least we can go away for a weekend and not have to be worried about emergencies coming up at the apt. complex!

With all the house excitement, I have not been too good about getting ready for Christmas. We did get our tree up last weekend. And thanks to my Mother in Law offering to babysit this weekend, I am able to go do my shopping free of child! ;) So wish me luck!

I stole an idea from my Friend Julie, and brought some snow inside one day when it was FREEZING outside. Hayden thought it was funny!
Hayden has become such a talker these days. She loves to repeat everything you say. She also loves to say "Bye, Bye" to everything. For example, if we watch Blues Clues, when it is done, she will say "Bye Bye Blue"...over and over and over again! Sometimes she will even go on for a half hour.....I have to try and think of things to distract her so she will stop saying it! LOL. She has also started some of the Terrible Two's a little early. She likes to say "NO" and throw little temper tantrums from time to time! Maybe she will get it all out of her system by the time she is actually 2! I know, keep dreaming Amy!
We are still dealing with the feeding issues with Miss Hayden. It can be so stressful having such a picky eater. Mom, Dad, I am sorry for being a picky eater! Now my own Child is paying me back for any feeding stresses I may have given you when I was young! We just keep introducing new foods to her and hope that one of these days she starts eating some of them.
I am planning on taking Hayden to see Santa on Monday morning, so I will be sure to post the picture for everyone! I can only imagine how it will go this yr....especially after the Yogi Bear at Halloween! ;)

I was thinking of using this family picture as my Christmas Card this yr, but figured my Husband would not appreciate it. I just figured it was a good way to express how we've all been feeling around here lately.
Merry Christmas from The Dreffs!

3 comments:

  1. Now THAT would be a Christmas card no one would forget! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. It would be so funny to get a card with that pic. I also love the look on your facew Amy. Exasperated mom! i've seen it on my face many times.

    ReplyDelete