Friday, October 23, 2009

I need to vent!

I could not be more ticked off than I am right now. Why the heck can we not buy a house? Everytime we try to buy a house, it does not work out. I have lost track of how many houses we've made offers on, I think 7-8 now. Last week we tried to make an offer and found out we can't use the VA loan on the house. It is soooo stupid why we can't, but basically one room in the home has the switchplate covers missing, therefore, would not go VA. Thanks Mr. Government. Now, on Wednesday, a home was listed for sale and we went to view it that night. It was in a very desireable area, was a good size home and has lots of potential. We knew this home would not last long on the market and since we did not want to lose another house, we made an offer that night. On the listing it said the home was owned by the Dept. of Veteran Affairs and that it wanted you to be pre-approved through, Bank of America - which we are. We were even told by the listing agent that we would have an edge being VA pre-approved thru B of A. I really thought this was a sign that it was FINALLY meant to be! Long story short.....you know where I am going with this......they received 3 other offers on the home and wanted everyone to re-submit their best offers by 5pm, Thursday. So Mark and I sat last night trying to decide how much we were willing to pay, when all of a sudden our Realtor called us back..........HERE WE GO........in less than 24 hours, Bank of America/VA....whoever...decided that the home was not going to pass VA inspection due to the condition of the home. GIMME A FREAKIN BREAK!!!! So our offer was rejected. I am so sick of this stupid process. It is such an emotional roller coaster.....I really don't know how much stress I can take. Why does this keep happening to us? Thanks again Mr. Government. A VA loan is supposed to be a benefit for Veterans. So why do you make it so difficult for a veteran to get a VA loan? Have you not heard the phrase, "Support our Troops"?

I would like to buy a home in the very near future. I am sick of my Husband having to work 7 days a week so we can have "free rent". (There is no such thing as "free" in this world.) It would be nice if he could spend sometime with his family on the weekends. Instead he is painting apts and doing maintenance every weekend. Or if I can get him to sneak away for a bit to go look at a house or go to a hockey game, he is usually stressed about all the work he "should" be doing. My Husband works very hard and he served our country, spending 4 yrs in the US Air Force. Give my Husband a break and let us use our VA loan on the home of our choice, Mr. Government! I would've been much happier had they said, sorry, we accepted a better offer!

Mark, I am trying my best to find us a home! You deserve it! You are the hardest working person I know! It will pay off very soon...I hope! I love you!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, that just stinks!!! I know I keep saying that it must mean there is something better out there for you, but I'm even having trouble believing it now!! But we will all keep praying for you and hopefully those prayers will be answered SOON!!!
    Love you guys!
    "Mommie Dearest"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in the Amy! I know it will work out soon.
    Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete