Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where has the summer gone?

I can't believe it has been 3 months since I have posted a blog. The summer has flown by and unfortunately, I can't say we did much. I have been working my booty off it seems. We do not have an Assistant Golf Professional, therefore, I have basically taken over that position, along with my own. The only thing an Assistant does, that I can't, is teach. I open the golf shop most days at 7am, manage the staff, assist Members, run the golf leagues, help run tournaments, enter inventory into the computer, place all special orders, manage the handicap system, do monthly inventory, manage all cash transactions, do the scheduling, meet with sales reps and buy golf shop merchandise, etc....... Some days, I really wish the Members could see what I do in a day at the Golf Shop. I am sure most of them think this is just an easy, summer job for me, but in reality it is a lot of hard work. Then I get to take Hayden to school everyday, pick her up (Grandma helps too), give her a bath and put her to bed before I get a chance to sit down at 9pm for a few minutes. Then I have to get ready for the next days events. So needless to say, I am exhausted right now and counting down the days until November 15th (87). This is the time of year when things are supposed to slow down for me at work, but with my Boss' upcoming tournament schedule and 2 trips to vegas planned, I am going to be working alot. There are many 10-13 hour days in my future! Ugh! My Shop girls have gone back to school so I don't have much help right now, but I am working on it. It would just be really nice if they would let us hire an Assistant next yr!

I never complain about work since I am lucky to get 4 months off in the winter time, but I am just tired right now and it is slow at work today, so I thought I'd vent a little! :)

Hayden is growing up so fast!! Since I am at work right now, so I do not have any pics to share today. But I will post some soon. She is so much fun right now. She is saying some of the cutest things lately! I've been trying to share some of them on Facebook, but I know some of you are not on there. So here are a few of my FB posts:

8/17/11
On our way to school the other day, Hayden says, "I love Dad! He is my special treat!"

8/3/11
I picked up Miss Hayden from daycare today and she and her friend Luke were the only 2 kids left in class. As I was carrying Hayden out, Luke came running up to us and said he wanted to give Hayden a hug. So I put her down and he gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek and said, "bye Sweetie!". Hmmm, guess I better keep an eye on that little boy! ;)

8/2/11
After her bath tonight, Hayden says, "Mommy, can you come brush my hair? Daddy doesn't know how to do it!".

7/30/11
Hayden to Daddy: "Mommy yelled."
Daddy: "why did Mommy yell?"
Hayden: "because I ask 'why' a lot of times everyday".
(After being asked "why?" for the 328th time today, I let out a frustration yell......aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). I guess she knew what I was frustrated about! LOL

7/26/11
Hayden: "who's going to pick me up from school?"
Me: "Grandma is going to pick you today."
Hayden: "I like Grandma, she spoils me a lot!"

7/17/11
Took Miss Hayden to the theater for the first time today to see the Winnie the Pooh movie. The movie was scheduled to start at 3:40pm and it didn't actually start until 4:05pm. I couldn't believe how many commercials and previews they show now. But Hayden was soooo good and she loved her 1st movie theater experience! :)


We had a great time with Mark's Brother, Rob and his adorable family this summer too. They stayed with us July 9-14th. It was also the first time we ever had houseguests! But it went well and I hope they want to come back next summer! :) I can't even begin to tell you how much fun Hayden had with her Cousins, Jack, Luke and Presley. She was so entertained by all of them and so content to just go and play. She was sooo sad when they left. (We were too!) It is really too bad that we do not live closer to them. I think they should move to Saginaw. :)

Well, I will try to get some pictures posted soon. I guess I better get back to work now.
Have a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment