


Hayden's daycare has introduced the potty to all the kids in her class. She was a bit hesitant at first, but apparently she is very excited to sit on the potty now. Last week the girls were telling me how she has been so excited to sit on it....probably because it didn't take her long to figure out she got a special treat if she went potty. Well, I decided I better get a potty chair so we can introduce it at home too. I was planning on starting this task once I am laid off of work because I figured I could really take the time with her to get her trained. But since they are doing it at school, I figured I better get busy!So Sunday, my Mother in Law went with us to do a little shopping. I had a coupon at Babies R Us, so we headed there to pick out a chair. I thought it would be simple to pick it out, but they have everything from a basic model chair to the "Cadillac" of potty chairs! Hayden got super excited when she saw a pink potty chair and kept pointing to the pink one saying, "I want the pink potty chair"! I told her we were going to get a different kind, but that it also had pink on it. I wanted one that we could set up on the floor and then also use it on the big potty too. So I guess I would say we got the "Chevy" version of the potty seats!
Anyhow, as I put the box in the cart, Hayden was super excited about our soon to be purchase! When we got up to the checkout lane, I placed the box on the counter. Hayden started yelling, "That's my potty chair!! I go Poo Poo in the potty!!" I think my face turned 3 shades of red as everyone was looking at us! The cashier said she has never heard a kid get soooo excited about a potty chair purchase!
So as soon as we got home, Hayden wanted to go potty. I didn't even have it out of the box yet, and she was pulling her pants down and taking her diaper off. Whoa, slow down kid....I don't even know how this thing works yet! Anyhow, she sat on it for a few minutes and didn't go. So I needed to put her down for a nap. Once she got up and I saw her diaper was dry, I thought this is it!!! I brought her downstairs and as soon as she saw the potty, she wanted to go again. So she sat down and I listened very carefully. After a minute or so I could hear her going potty. I was trying so hard not to do a cartwheel as I was so proud of my girl!! I asked her if she had gone potty and she said, "NO". So she waited a few minutes and when she got up I said, "Look, you went potty!! Good girl!! Hayden gets a special treat!!!" So we clapped and high fived!! I got her a few M&m's and cleaned it all up! Then for the rest of the night it was, UP, down, up, down, up , down. Every 5 minutes she was pulling her diaper off and sitting on the potty, asking for a treat! Oh my gosh, this is going to get sooooo old! Seriously, how long is this potty training going to take! My life has become all about, "did you go potty??" "Do you need to go potty?" "Lets go potty!" The other day when I gave her a bath, I had to go potty myself. As soon as she heard me going, she clapped and yelled, "Yay Momma!! You went potty like a big girl"!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment