Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Operation Bath - Plan B

Hayden's first big girl bath tub experience was so much fun. She had an absolute blast, playing with the fun toys and splashing in the water. SOMETHING traumatizing happened after that 1st time and we have been pulling our hair out trying to figure it out. Ever since that first time in the big tub, she has screamed and cried so hard when we would put her in the water. One night we tried putting her bath chair in the tub....the one we had used in the sink all this time. She wanted nothing to do with that either. So the next time, I put on my bathing suit and climbed in with her. She still hated it! Screamed and cried the entire time. The next time, I thought I would just walk her into the bathroom and ask her if she would like to take a bath. She still had on all her clothes and I did not have any water run yet. She turned into me and grabbed my shirt and started crying. Ugh!
Ok, so now what do we do????

Well, we went back to the kitchen sink and bathed her in the sink and not in her chair. Success, she had a lot of fun splashing in the water again! Well, since we won't be able to fit her in the sink much longer, we decided we would go buy a baby tub that we can put in the big tub to ease into the transistion! And what do you know, we were successful! Look at this happy face!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! So glad she is happy in the tub again!
    I love you Peanut! Gamma

    ReplyDelete