Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hayden's un-Happy Sick Birthday

Monday was Hayden's 1st official Birthday! I took her to daycare because I had soooo many things to do! I picked her up at 5pm and they informed me that she had yellow stuff coming out of her left eye. Of course they couldn't call me during the day to tell me this so I could catch her Dr. before they closed at 5pm. Ugh! By the time we got home, it was getting worse. She took a little catnap, since she never sleeps much at daycare. And when she woke up she was pretty cranky and the eye was looking worse! So we took her to med express. After being there for 2 hours, we finally got the diagnosis of bacterial conjunctivitis...aka, Pink Eye! It had even gone into her right eye while we were there. POOR KID! So we got an antibitioic (because her ear looked red, the start of another infection) and some eye drops! So this is what the poor baby looked like Tuesday morning! =(Pretty miserable! =(
Mark and I had to decide who would take ANOTHER day off of work to stay home with Hayden, since she was so contageous. Mark volunteered Tuesday, because he knows that is my busiest day of work. While he was home with Hayden, he got to witness something that she did for the VERY FIRST TIME!!!!!! And he was lucky enough to capture this on video. It could not have been better planned if we had tried!! Take a look......
He was so excited that he called me at work to tell me about it!! She even performed for me when I got home from work! We were way too excited!!

I stayed home with Hayden today and she was feeling MUCH better! Her eyes look back to normal but she still has a little goop coming out of her eyes occasionally. Since I didn't get to capture any of her "Monthly" chair photos on Monday, I took them today!
She is not as cooperative for pictures as she was when she was younger!
So I tried to distract her with props!

But she just thought it was time to read a book! So I gave up on the picture idea!

Tomorrow Hayden will be going back to daycare! I wish good luck to the caregivers who will have to give Hayden her eyedrops! That is a serious battle that she intends on winning! Good luck girls!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Hayden! I am sorry that you didn't feel well on your Birthday!

    ReplyDelete